I decided to acid dye the dress, as this could be done on the stove while I was preparing some food that would travel with us to the war. This made for an interesting afternoon; stir the sauce, cover the sauce, stir the wool, repeat… 🙂
I am happy with the new red dress that Molly now has, and thankfully, she is happy with it, as well. Hopefully, it won’t show quite as much dirt as its pink predecessor. Huge thanks to Elisabeth de Besancon, who re-hemmed it (a bit shorter to avoid future issues) while I ironed (and ironed) our clothes for An Tir/West War. I couldn’t ask for a better laurel. Seriously, I couldn’t. 🙂
Molly has grown so much this last year that it was clear she would need a new wool dress for this camping season. I looked around and found a wool that I knew she would love – pink. 🙂
And so I finished this new dress just in time for Honey War, which was great as it was a cold and damp event.
Unfortunately, because I cut the dress full length to keep Molly warm, it often touched the ground as she played during the day. Each time I saw her, more and more dirt had wicked up from the ground and by the end of the day the bottom of her dress was no longer pink.
After three washings, it was obvious that the pink dress was not going to come clean. Alternatives would need to be considered. With An Tir/West War looming, I decided to dye the dress red and hope that the darker color would hide more dirt. 😉